A FORTRESS AND A LEGACY results from my cousin, Rosalind Perrin, discovering boxes in her mother’s attic containing 1000 letters between her mother, Thelma Perrin…a 1940 Miss America contestant as Miss Tennessee, and her father, Lt. Ross W. Perrin a 381st BG, B-17 bombardier stationed in Ridgewell England. He was killed in Mannheim Germany on mission #16 to bomb the Mannheim – Ludwigshafen Bridge (Now the Conrad Adnauer Bridge).
I used the letters to help me on a 6+ year search for people named in the letters, 250 interviewed vets, documents from German KU records, U.S. MACR report from his mission + countless documents from USAAF archives to form the basis for the fact based Nobel, A FORTRESS AND A LEGACY…The Gift of a WW2 B-17 Bombardier’s True Story to the Daughter He Never Knew.
J. Ross Greene’s passion for World War II and determination to share his uncle’s inspiring story led to the extensive research required to write this book. With a background in engineering, he founded a financial consulting firm, beginning his now more than forty-year investment career.
A Fortress and a Legacy represents his gift not only to his cousin—the daughter his uncle never knew— but to all those who share his appreciation for those who sacrificed for the cause of freedom.
Ross and his wife Lynne, who have three children and eight grandchildren, make their home near Atlanta, Georgia.
SPEAKER VENUES and AUDIENCES
I have been a featured speaker at numerous venues and the book has sold over 5500 books (print and electronic) thru various outlets. Venues at which I have spoken to over 1750 include: (In addition to this number, I have spoken to hundreds at Heritage Days in Peachtree City each spring)
- 381st BG Reunion Group
- Mighty 8th Museum Banquet venue
- Various Library and Literary groups
- The Stalag Luft 3 Reunion at the National Museum in New Orleans
- WWII Roundtable…North Atlanta Chapter
- Numerous Kiwanis Clubs…Georgia
- Numerous Rotary Clubs…Georgia, NC
- Various Business organizations
- School Groups…AFAAL was chosen as a supplementary history text by a number of high schools and one University
- Featured speaker at Charleston Southern University’s Veteran’s Day Celebration and also history students
- British School and Museum…I was features speaker to students and WW2 history enthusiasts at the Ridgewell Museum in England
- Men’s and Women’s groups at a number of churches
- Heritage Days…I have been annually featured the Commemorative Air Force annual Heritage Days in PTC
- McMinn County Living Heritage Museum…August 2019
- East Tennessee Historical Society Museum…to come…November 2019
Regarding the quality of my speaking, I have spent my entire investment career (www.greeneconsults.com) speaking to large and small audiences in the US, Europe, England, Asia and Latin America, about investment concepts.
I’d be pleased to direct you to numerous people who have engaged me to speak and to whom I have spoken on the research, writing and story of my book… A Fortress and a Legacy is a compelling book and I think I tell the story in an enthralling way.
AMAZON POSTED REVIEWS
- Over 165 reviews on AMAZON….161 were rated as 5 of 5
- 60% of the reviews were men
- 40% of the reviews were women
REVIEWS SENT DIRECT TO AUTHOR
- Additionally, I have received many reviews and recommendations sent directly to me most of which I can make available.
WRITERS & WW2 HISTORIANS
- ATLANTA JOURNAL ARTICLE…Fall 2015…Personal Journeys…3 page article
- KNOXVILLE NEWS SENTINEL…Review by noted British author and Ridgewell Museum Director, Paul Bingley
- WBIR Chanel 10 Interview…Knoxville, Tennessee
- VIDEOS on WEBSITE… AFortressAndALegacy.com
- VARIOUS REGIONAL NEWSPAPERS…Articles
- WW2 NEWS LETTERS…Stalag Luft III, Mighty Eighth Museum
- Reviews by:
- Jim Minter, retired editor of the Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Marilyn J. Walton, writer of 3 books on WW2
- Col. Clare Potter, Pilot in WW2, Korea and Vietnam and POW in WW2
- Ron McKay, British writer of over 2 dozen books on WW2
- Marvin West, Sports Writer’s Hall of Fame member and author